PCB:NG's Expedite ships within 5 business days, as defined below. This is a guarantee, again, subject to the following conditions outlined below.
Here's how the basic timing of your order works:
Day 0: If your order is received before 2PM EST, Day 0 is that business day. If received after 2PM EST, Day 0 is the following business day. If your order is received on a non-business day, Day 0 is the following business day.
Day 1: The clock starts ticking for most orders. Some orders, however, are pulled out of queue for the following reasons:
- Any ignored errors in DFM. This triggers a manual review. This will add, typically, a day to your overall turn time, but may add up to two days for complicated issues.
- Requirement for new files. In some cases, we request that orders are amended. Such files are sent for manual review, and the clock resets after the amendment is accepted, back to Day 1.
- Orders placed on hold.
Thus, the clock may not start ticking immediately if your order has complications. You will be notified if any delay accrues due to the previous conditions.
Day 2+: Orders are put into production. Some orders may be pulled of the production queue for the following reasons:
- There's an issue with your design that is discovered in production. This happens when the wrong part is specified, or if there's a design flaw such that the order cannot be processed as specified (for example, a highly out of spec land pattern).
Day 5 (or earlier): Order is completed, and queued for shipment.
Additionally, your order may be delayed, but still considered to have shipped on time, by the following:
- Any other order amendments. May delay orders to varying degrees (or, in some cases, not at all).
- Special parts orders.
- Something is out of spec and requires special handling.
- Force Majeure. Please see our Conditions of Sale.
In short, Day 5 refers to the date after five business days (i.e., days that fall on Monday-Friday, not including holidays) have elapsed starting with Day 1, plus any delays, again measured in business days, that have accrued for the reasons detailed above.